Sunday, February 28, 2010

"These are much deeper waters than I had thought."

I would like to compose a letter to someone who is near and dear to my heart.

Dear Sherlock,

I love you with a wicked passion and I care very much about what happens to you. In the words of a very wise man, Alan, "I don't care if we kill somebody." Remember that. I wish you could see what I see. You need to make this right and do whats right for yourself and everyone else involved. This doesn't just affect you. This affects everyone around you.

I want to help you, but I have done everything I could without handling the situation for you. Sometimes, in order to make things better, you have to make decisions that you may not necessarily want to make. And sometimes, things have to get WAY worse, before they can ever get better.

You once said that you trusted me completely. I've tried to keep my mouth shut and be supportive, because all I want for you is happiness. I also do not think you are happy. I think you are miserable. I think you are waiting for something to move that is immovable. And you can't make it move just by being there. It has to want to move.

All's fair in love and war. It's time to come home and leave it up to somebody else to work really hard. You're hands are now tied and there is nothing more that you can do, except leave. I wouldn't tell you that unless I felt it was truly in YOUR best interest.

I love you to death.

"When once your point of view is changed, the very thing which was so damning becomes a clue to the truth. "

Signing off...
Dr. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment